Thursday 30 July 2015

CHRISTmas

Ok, I get that this is so cliché. None of us spend enough time at Christmas time reflecting on the real ‘reason for the season’. But I am not here to criticize anyone, that would be hypocritical, because I love presents + trees + santa + mistletoe + food + everything Christmas.
But there is something about Christmas that we all need to love SO MUCH MORE.
Jesus
Jesus came into this world as a normal babyfor us. At the start He had all the challenges of a baby, He had to learn to walk and read. As He got older he was tempted. He was a human. He was fully human. Yet fully God. Amazing, right? You see the story of the first Christmas is something sensational, it was a pure miracle, and it is true. Santa flying chimney to chimney is a crazy thing to believe when we are kids, I mean, looking back I wonder how I ever believed it. But the truth is the fact that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin…IS SO MUCH MORE CRAZY. And the best bit? IT IS TRUE
You see God became one of us, so that we could be at one with Him. Jesus was born and raised and killed for us. It was all for us. 
It is the biggest miracle ever, and we simply brush over it. This Christmas I’m setting myself and anyone reading this a goal, spend time with Jesus. Tell Him how glad He has made us, how much we love Him because HE LOVES US. How thankful we are that He took the pain for our sins. HE SAVED US.
The second part of the challenge is this, tell someone that doesn’t know about Jesus the Christmas story, don’t focus on the wise men and donkey ride to Bethlehem, focus on Jesus, tell them how much He wants to know them,how much He cares for them. I can’t think of a better gift.
Merry Christmas guys!        

No comments:

Post a Comment